F1 Application and Instructions
Prospective students seeking a change of nonimmigrant status must fulfill all application requirements by June 1st for the fall semester and by October 1st for the spring semester. Admission requirements for degree and certificate programs include submission of:
- Certification of finances form, bank statements, and statements of support must verify that students can pay for their academic and living expenses before they can be admitted. Financial documents must be current, and dated within 3 months of the application deadline. These costs are currently $27,000* for a year of study (*costs subject to change).
- tuition and fees: $8,900
- books: $1,800
- room and board: $12,800
- personal expenses: $2,500
- health insurance: $1,000
- Official secondary school transcripts and/or diploma verifying graduation. Uncertified photocopies not acceptable.
- Official college or university transcripts, if applicable. Students seeking transfer credit must have their overseas transcripts evaluated by a transcript evaluation agency.
- Proof of health insurance for care in the United States (students can obtain insurance during their first semester at HCC).
Please note: Students requesting a change from B1/B2 status to F1 status, or from F2 status to F1 status, may not begin taking classes until USCIS has granted the change in status.