In choosing students for this selective program, high school performance, including grades, course selection, and SAT or ACT scores are reviewed. Intellectual interests, extracurricular activities, including those outside of school are also considered. Each applicant's essay, recommendations, and other indications of excellence are important factors in the selection process.
Candidates applying for the STEM Scholars Program must submit the following:
- ScholarsApplication for Admission
- Scholars Program Choice Form
- Official high school transcript
- Additional Information Form/Resume
- Official college entrance exam scores (SAT or ACT)*
- Essay submitted along with Scholars Application
- Teacher/Counselor recommendations (two are required)
- Official Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate or SAT Subject Test scores (optional)
- $25 application fee (waived for Early Entrance students and students with demonstrated financial need)
- Scholarship application and scholarship essay (optional, but strongly recommended)
*Academic performance and challenging coursework are the strongest factors for admission. In certain circumstances, consideration will be given to students for whom traditional indicators of academic excellence are not always valid. For some cases, students may be asked to come in to take the college's placement exam.
Please note that there are other sources of financial aid that you may explore, including the HCC Educational Foundation Endowments and Scholarships. Please complete the online scholarship application to be considered for scholarships beyond the STEM Scholars Program scholarship. Financial Aid Services also encourages you to fill out the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have your completed FAFSA sent to HCC if you have not done so already, to receive the maximum possible assistance based on your financial situation. If you have financial aid questions or are unsure about how to apply for financial aid and scholarships, please contact Marie Janiszewski, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, Scholarships (443-518-4423; firstname.lastname@example.org)