What is the LPN Pathway Program?
The LPN Pathway curriculum option is a mechanism that allows LPNs with current Maryland licensure, who meet the criteria below, to bypass the first two semesters in the regular RN program, complete a specific nursing course, and upon passing that course, enter the second year of the RN program, culminating in an A.A. degree in nursing. The specially designed course, NURS-103: Transition into Nursing II, includes content not usually found in LPN programs. Both the theory and clinical experiences are intended to help students update their knowledge and skills and be ready to enter the second year without repeating the basics that they already know.
Admission to the transitional nursing course in the Pathways program will be available in Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters. Please see an academic advisor to determine your semester of eligibility.
Steps to Apply to the LPN Pathway Program:
- Students interested in this program should see an allied health admissions counselor during the office's scheduled walk-in advising hours.
- Submit an HCC application for admission.
- Take placement tests: All prospective LPN Pathway students must take the English placement test, except those who have completed a U.S. bachelor's degree at an accredited institution.
- Complete the required coursework with appropriate minimum GPA.
- Pass the HESI LPN-RN Mobility Exam.
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended: Complete an official transcript evaluation request form and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242).
- Complete a supplemental application for the LPN Pathways program and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242). The application fee for this program is $25. Applications are accepted year-round; however, each entry semester has a specific deadline. These deadlines are printed on the application.
LPN Pathway Downloads
To view the Portable Document Format files (PDFs) from this site, download a free Acrobat Reader. You will need to install the Acrobat Reader on your computer before viewing PDF files.
LPN Pathways Links