Register at HCC
Earn while you learn on a
Nursing career ladder (CNA to LPN to RN)
Work your way to a new future
RENEW is a scholarship program providing low and moderate-income individuals with a health care career ladder. It provides support for students from two different backgrounds:
- Non-Certified Nursing Assistants (non-CNAs)
- The program combines theory and clinical practice leading to a certificate of completion as a certified nursing/geriatric assistant (CNA/GNA) along with the preparation needed for admission into HCC's Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Students currently licensed as CNA/GNAs may begin immediate preparation for HCC's LPN Program by starting credit and/or developmental courses.
Students receive the following services through the program:
- Payment of all associated costs for prerequisite courses. This includes application fees, developmental courses, prerequisite and corequisite courses, books and any additional fees. RENEW students are responsible for paying for their clinical nursing courses and associated fees.
- Evaluation of English and math placement testing to determine appropriate course level.
- Use of nursing skills lab and equipment to practice new skills.
- Coordination of clinical experience in health care facilities.
- Sponsorship for the Maryland Geriatric Nursing Assistant Testing Service, if needed.
- Linkages to employers and assistance with job placement.
- Mentoring and counseling to promote student retention.
- Individualized advising and education plan, leading to completion of prerequisite courses for HCC's LPN Program.
- Assistance with applying for HCC's LPN Program.
For more information on this program, contact Genie Wessel, Project Coordinator, at 443-518-4438 or email@example.com.