If you want to maintain, stay competitive, or advance in your career, choose HCC for learning that works for you.
|Click here to view the HCC Adult Viewbook|
Many courses are available in a variety of formats to fit your schedule and learning style.
- Classroom - with campus locations in Columbia, Gateway, Laurel, and Mount Airy
- Hybrid - a format that combines online instruction and classroom meetings
- Online - conducted over the internet and typically without regular meetings
- Accelerated - fast-paced courses completed in fewer weeks
- Open Entry - self-paced office technology classes
- Weeknight, weekend, and daytime
A broad range of services are available to help you complete your learning goals.
- Financial aid
- Academic advising
- Veteran, military assistance
- Credit for prior learning
- Online registration
- Library, computer labs, and bookstore
- Career counseling and job placement assistance
Whether you're seeking a degree, workplace credentials, or updated job skills HCC has courses and programs to help you get there. Here is just a sampling of the various pathways that many of our students over the age of 25 have chosen to enhance their careers:
- Prepared for CPA candidacy and exam
- Started a business through the Center for Entrepreneurial & Business Excellence
- Completed professional education courses for state teaching certification
- Studied a critical language to raise their ILR rating
- Graduated from the accelerated Cardiovascular program
- Prepared for the Project Management Professional exam
- Updated their network security skills for cyber security work
Learning that works for you!
To enroll in credit courses, click here. For noncredit continuing education classes, click here.