Sample Placement Tests
Fall 2013 Closures:
- All Placement testing will stop at 2:00PM on Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
- Test Center will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday - Thursday, November 28, 2013 and Friday, November 29, 2013.
- Test Center will close at 1:00PM on Friday, December 20, 2013.
- Test Center will be closed for the Winter Break - Tuesday, December 24, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. The Test Center will re-open on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
In accordance with federal and state privacy laws, test scores may not be provided by phone. Furthermore, they may not be provided to any individual other than the student without the student's written consent to do so.
Test Center Placement Office Hours
|Monday||9:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||1:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Students using Howard Community College’s Test Center must:
- Present a current school or government issued picture ID. School ID's must have the current year or an expiration date. Government issued ID's cannot be expired and must have a recent picture.
- Know their HCC student identification number.
Place all personal items in lockers, including books, notes, pens, pencils, calculators, cellular telephones, electronic devices, purses, lip balm, wallets, watches, keys. All pockets must be empty.
Remove all hats and head coverings unless worn for religious or medical reasons; regardless of the reason for headwear allowance, the tester's ears must be shown to a testing administrator in a private setting to ensure that no recording or listening devices are present.
- Remove all listening or recording devices from their person.
Howard Community College utilizes an untimed ACCUPLACER test to provide students with useful information about their academic skills in math, sentece skills, and reading comprehension. Second attempt placement tests, depending on the exam may be either on the computer or paper and pencil. Please note, all second attempt math placement tests must be started before 6:00PM, Monday-Thursday and before 3:00PM on Friday to allow adequate time to complete the examination. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your academic background, goals, and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to determine your course selection.
You cannot "pass" or "fail" the placement tests, but it is very important that you do your very best on these tests so that you will have an accurate measure of your academic skills.