If you are currently a student at another college or university and you plan to return to your home institution following the completion of one or more courses please complete the following steps.
- Review the courses you are interested in registering for at Howard Community College using the following:
- Speak to your academic advisor at your home institution:
- Verify the course you plan to complete will be equivalent or meet your program requirements.
- Request the advisor provide written approval to take the course along with a guarantee it will transfer back.
- Remember: You have the ultimate responsibility of ensuring you are taking the correct course and that your home institution has approved it.
- Complete the process for Standard Admission for Credit Programs.
- Meet with an HCC advisor. Your home institution’s consent to take classes does not result in a waiver of HCC’s requirements, policies, and procedures. HCC’s Admissions and Advising staff can help you anywhere along the process.
- If the course you plan to take has prerequisites, you must submit your academic transcript, test scores, and/or grade report to HCC’s Office of Admissions and Advising to receive clearance prior to registering.
- Register for Classes — online or in-person.