University of Maryland - Robert H. Smith School of Business
(College Park and Shady Grove)
In Fall 2007 all students must meet the following admissions standards. All students will be subject to competitive admissions standards for the limited number of spaces in each Business program.
To be considered for admission (this is not a guarantee of admission), all applicants must complete the following requirements:
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA (this is preferred but could vary year to year)
- Minimum junior standing-60 credits earned
- Completion of 50% of lower-level university core requirements
- Completion of Gateway courses with a “C-“or better:
- MATH-145 or MATH-181
- Students may only repeat one gateway course once to seek admission to the business program
- Co-curricular involvement, leadership experience, honors and awards will be considered in the admission decision. Students are strongly encouraged to submit a resume and letter detailing their accomplishments and experience with their application.