The following items are guidelines to help students reach their academic goals. Your Academic Advisor is available to assist you with the creation and maintenance of your academic plan.
How many credits have you earned?
- Do I understand academic terms like full time student, credit hour, prerequisite and co-requisite courses?
- Do I know how to access HCC’s online resources like HCC Express.net, my HCC email, Pay for College and other helpful websites?
- Am I aware of HCC services which are available to help me?
- Am I satisfied with my academic progress like my GPA? Am I able to prioritize and balance school, work and academics?
- Have I begun completing developmental English and math courses if applicable?
- Have I selected an academic major and if not have I begun completing general education core course requirements? Have I explored requirements for competitive transfer programs if that is my interest?
- Have I considered HCC activities which will enhance my educational experience like Study Abroad, Service Learning, Internships and Co-operative Education?
- Have I utilized ARTSYS to research transfer opportunities?
- Have I determined what courses I will need to graduate from HCC or transfer?
- If I am completing my final credits towards graduation, have I submitted a Petition to Graduate even if I do not plan to attend the ceremony?
- If I plan to transfer, have I begun to make plans towards graduation? Have I met admission and scholarship application deadlines? Have I requested official HCC transcripts, visited the transfer campus and attended open houses?
- If I plan to enter the workforce have I begun to prepare for employment using career services?
- Have I checked with an advisor to make sure I have met my graduation requirements?
- Have I submitted a “Petition to Graduate” signed by an academic advisor? There is no fee for graduation, effective with petitions for May 2011 commencement.