National Science Foundation NSF S-STEM Scholarship Program
Howard Community College’s National Science Foundation (NSF) S-STEM Scholarship Program is designed to support full-time students majoring in any of the following content areas:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Life Science
- Physical Science
*Medical majors are not covered by this program (i.e. pre-med, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy).
Scholarships will be awarded for up to two years. New students are eligible to apply. Scholarships vary in amount up to $6,500 per year and can be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment and other needs. Scholarship recipients will be part of a learning community. Each will be assigned a faculty mentor and actively participate in faculty-mentored undergraduate research.
Please note: Students qualifying for an NSF scholarship may also apply for other financial aid and scholarships.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Have financial need (as defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education criteria for Federal Financial Aid)
- Enroll full-time (12 or more credits per semester)
- Have a 3.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- Agree to participate in a one-credit seminar per semester, which include an undergraduate research component, and other scholarship program activities
Fall 2018 - Spring 2019
(Priority Application Deadline - April 30, 2018 )