Demonstrate knowledge, achieve certification, and determine your course placement
HCC's Test Center provides secure, accessible and professional testing services and resources for all types of examinations administered at the college. Part of the Consortium of College Testing Centers, the Test Center is also a member of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and adheres to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Center offers the following services for current and prospective students:
- Academic testing for currently enrolled students, including makeup exams, online course exams and modified testing conditions for students who require them
- Assessment examinations necessary for students interested in enrolling in Howard Community College's nursing and allied health programs
- Placement testing to assist new students with selecting the right classes to start their college education.
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program), DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests), and Excelsior testing; each of which provides students the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know.
In addition, the Test Center offers the following services for the community:
- Proctoring services available for individuals who need to take an exam from another college or university. This service is made possible by membership in the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and as part of the Consortium of College Testing Centers
- Industry-based tests and licensure examinations important to professionals in certain careers
- The GED (Pearson VUE) exam