"Dream Act" Information
The term "Dream Act" generally refers to one of the following:
DACA/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Federal "Dream Act")
DACA is a program introduced by the U.S. federal government which entitles qualifying undocumented individuals to receive a work permit, social security number, and other immigration benefits. Students who have been approved for DACA status should submit one, or both, of the following documents to receive in-county or out-of-county tuition rates:
- I-797C (DACA Approval Notice)
- Employment Authorization Card
Senate Bill 167 (Maryland "Dream Act")
The Maryland State government has also passed legislation which entitles qualifying undocumented students who have graduated from a Maryland high school to receive in-county or out-of-county tuition rates at Maryland colleges and universities.
- Please click here to see eligibility requirements
- If you qualify, please click here to download the application for reduced tuition rates.
- When complete, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment to submit your complete application.
Students with no immigration documentation are eligible to attend HCC! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Financial Assistance Resources: