Be wise — get advised!
One of the most important steps you can take as you begin your college education is to get advised. You'll learn what classes to take and how to get started on your pathway to success. Academic Advising isn’t simply a department – it’s a partnership between you and your academic advisor, and you will benefit from using these services regularly.
By working with your advisor, you can reach your academic and transfer goals in the following ways:
- Identify potential college credit that may give you a head start.
- Select your academic major and courses.
- Receive accurate, up-to-date information about HCC academics, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Develop a short-term plan for each semester and a long-term plan for graduation and transfer.
- Explore the variety of enriching experiences HCC has to offer like study abroad, service learning, and internships.
Here are some helpful links: