A number of helpful resources, including general travel information and other references, are available via the links below. Please note that HCC provides these outside resources as a convenience for faculty and students and is not responsible for their content.
Faculty Resources for Internationalizing Courses
Opportunities for overseas experiences:
- HCC International Grant Form: S-drive, INTERNATIONAL folder, "HCC International Grant Proposal"
- HCC Study Abroad Programs— Director of program opportunities; New program development.
- Faculty Exchange Opportunities – Griffith College, Dublin, Ireland; James Watt College, Scotland; Other.
- Sabbatical Leaves
- Faculty Development in Mexico (every January). Contact C. Berman (x 4861) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCID Summer Faculty Development Program.
- Fullbright Programs for U.S. Scholars.
- Fullbright-Hays Summer Seminars.
- International Teacher Exchange Program.
- *Cade Fellowship for Community College Faculty teaching a semester abroad at a University of Maryland Military campus-Europe, Middle East and Asia. All courses are taught in English. Stipend $12,000-15,000 per semester. Contact Rosemary Hoffmann, 240-582-2634 or email@example.com for further information.
Sabbatical Leave may be desirable, but not necessary.
- The United States Institute of Peace is now accepting applications for its Summer Seminar for Community College Faculty and Administrators, Global Peace and Security in Community Colleges and the Communities they serve, scheduled May 29 -June 3, 2007 in Washington D.C. The seminar will participants the opportunity to carefully examine the nature of international peace and security and how community include leading authorities on global peace and conflict, as well as from the field of community college education. The application process is competitive. The institute will cover the cost of lodging and contribute to travel and incidental expenses. Community college faculty and administrators from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds are urged to apply. See the application at ww.usip.org/ed/seminars/ccfs07.html. Deadline for the applications is March 16, 2007. Contact David Smith, Senior Program Officer, Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. AACC Contact: Judith Irwin.
Other resources and international information:
Director of International Education: Christele Cain
General Travel Sites
Government & Financial Aid Information:
Scholarship & Loan Information:
*HCC provides these outside resources as a convenience and is not responsible for their content.