What do Step UP students say about the program?
- “I love having uninterrupted time with my coach.”
- “My coach listens and helps me work through problems.”
- “I have learned how to stand up for myself.”
- “I like the close relationship I have with my coach.”
- “I can talk to my coach about anything.”
- “I feel like my coach knows what I am going through.”
- “I have learned how to talk to my teachers.”
- “I feel more connected to HCC.”
How does Step UP work?
- Meet once a week with your Step UP coach throughout the semester to discuss anything that is related to helping you succeed.
- You decide what you want to focus on; your coach is there to support you.
Who should enroll in Step UP?
- Students who think they could benefit by having a guide/mentor/supporter.
- Students who want help connecting to HCC.
- Students who need help adjusting academically or socially.
How is Step UP helpful?
- You will have your own advocate/guide/supporter to encourage you and help you make the transition to college.
- You will improve your chances to succeed in your courses by having the support and encouragement of a Step UP coach.
What responsibilities would I have if I join Step UP?
- Make a commitment to meet with your Step UP coach once a week.
- Cancel an appointment if you cannot make it.
- Work on achieving goals that you set.
How do I sign up for Step UP?
- Send an email to email@example.com. Include the following information:
- Your name
- Student ID number
- Home phone number
- Cell phone number
- Call Jacqueline Dzubak at 443-518-4155