- Your Passport to the World!
|Arc Chocolate Ball and Perfect Prom Project- Spring 2014 |
The Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF) and Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
These accreditations bring significant value to the program and graduates.
Hospitality and culinary education is portable. Imagine preparing for a career that can take you anywhere in the world!
CHCS Faculty Recipe of the Month
The Hospitality and Culinary Management Program will evolve into a premier resource and learning center for students and current professionals. This program will serve students and the industry workforce by providing high-quality academic courses and programs appropriate to hospitality needs; state-of-the-art learning facilities; high quality, real-life experience for students, and professionally qualified and experienced faculty to guide students to achieve their goals.
The Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies will be a preferred educational choice in the State of Maryland. The program will be regarded as current, forward-looking, high quality, accessible to and supportive of students, open to change and productive of quality graduates.
The faculty, staff, and administrators of Howard Community College and the Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies embrace the following values:
- We strive to deliver educational programs that are reflective of strong academic and experiential components.
- We provide supportive and ample student services to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
- We ensure there is sufficient variety in offerings to serve diverse students who seek new careers, change of careers, or explorative personal opportunities.
- We believe that state-of-the-art facilities, both theoretical and experiential, are necessary to support learning.
- We believe that career programs need to have existing processes to provide ongoing input by the professional community.
Welcome Letter from the Program Director
Programs cover the broad spectrum of the hospitality and culinary industries and prepare graduates for such positions as:
Students will find each of these options to be an asset in beginning or enhancing their career in the industry. All programs of study are designed to accommodate the needs of current industry professionals, as well as recent high school graduates. HCC’s hospitality management curriculum provides:
Flexible course schedules
Highly qualified faculty
Excellent faculty/student rapport
Smaller class sizes
- Multiple program options
- Financial aid and VA benefits
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Credit for work experience
Take the first step – book your career destination today!
HCC Partner Schools- There are a number of articulation agreements in place for students to advance their education beyond the associates degree.
HCC is fortunate to have local professionals serve on the Hospitality and Culinary Program Advisory Committee. The board members are a great asset to the program, and their willingness to give of their time and expertise benefits the program in many ways.If you would like additional information about this program, please contact Vinnie Rege, Center Director at 443-518-4469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.