Clams, shucked, chopped, and drained or 2 cans (7 ½ oz each) chopped clams, drained
Eggs, well beaten
Frozen chopped chives
- Combine all ingredients except shortening and beat until well blended and smooth. Batter will be thin.
- Melt shortening until it is ½ inch deep in a large skillet.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into hot shortening.
- Fry until golden brown, turn and brown on the other side. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve at once. Can be served with lemon slices or wedges, or lemon cups garnished with cranberry- orange relish.