CISSP® certification is a globally recognized standard of achievement that confirms an individual's knowledge in the field of information security. CISSPs are information assurance professionals who define the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments
The following course provides CISSP exam preparation. Students should take the network security course sequence prior to CMSY-264 and have valide IT work experience.
|Course #||Course Name||Prerequisite|
|CMSY-264||CISSP Preparation||Network Security Coursework and IT job experience|
The CISSP exam tests one's competence in the ten CISSP domains of the (ISC)²®CBK®, which cover critical topics in security today, including risk management, cloud computing, mobile security, application development security and more. Candidates must have a minimum of five years experience in two of the ten domains. This vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart.
Ten CISSP Domains
- Access Control
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management
- Software Development Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Operations Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
- Physical (Environmental) Security
CISSP's often hold positions such as:
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security/Network Architect
- Security Analyst
- Security Systems Engineer
For additional information on the CISSP certification, contact Mengistu Ayane at 443-518-4471 or email@example.com.