Howard Community College Television (HCC-TV) is an educational access channel for Howard County. The staff of HCC-TV creates local programming with an effort to feature HCC. HCC-TV:
- provides script to screen production support to the college's faculty and staff and mission;
- provides, maintains, and updates a state-of–the-art cable facility to accomplish the core work of a 24 hours per day/7 days per week program schedule;
- produces quality original programming that is educational and informational, and encompasses community and college interests;
- acquires additional quality programming that is educational, informational, and diverse;
- provides production personnel to record and rebroadcast live county council and county executive hearings;
- creates and provides a monthly programming schedule on the college's website for community viewership; and
- creates and provides, through the Howard County government website, a 24 hours per day/7 days per week programming schedule for community viewership.
HCC Radio, The Dragon, is an internet-based radio station that is part of the radio curriculum. Students in radio production classes help to create content. The radio staff also creates original programming and acquires programs from outside sources that are of interest to the college community.
Policy Manual Review/Revision: 02/28/14