Howard Community College’s (HCC) television and radio department includes HCC-TV, an educational access channel for Howard County, and HCC Radio, The Dragon, an internet-based radio station.
The HCC-TV staff:
- creates local programming with an effort to feature HCC;
- provides script to screen production support to the college's faculty and staff and mission;
- provides, maintains, and updates a state-of–the-art cable facility to accomplish the core work of a 24 hours per day/seven days per week program schedule;
- produces quality original programming that is educational and informational, and encompasses community and college interests;
- acquires additional quality programming that is educational, informational, and diverse;
- provides production personnel to record and rebroadcast live county council and county executive hearings;
- creates and provides a monthly programming schedule for HCC-TV on the college's website; and
- provides live broadcasts of government meetings for the Howard County Government, and creates and provides, through the Howard County government website, a 24 hours per day/seven days per week programming schedule.
The HCC Radio, The Dragon staff:
- supports a radio station that is part of the radio curriculum, which gives students in radio production classes the opportunity to create content;
- creates, via the radio faculty and staff, original programming and acquires programs from outside sources that are of interest to the college community; and
- creates and provides a 24 hours per day/seven days per week programming schedule.
Policy Manual Review/Revision: 03/27/15