Howard Community College will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, March 2 due to inclement weather.
For the status of Laurel College Center, please check the status of Prince George's Community College. For the status of Mount Airy College Center, please check the status of Carroll Community College.
For emergencies, call HCC Security at 443-518-5555; for non-emergencies, call 443-518-5500. For the status of performing arts events on campus, call the Horowitz Center Box Office hotline at 443-518-4030.
To receive immediate notification of HCC emergencies and closing/delayed openings, subscribe to the free Mobile Alert System detailed below.
Emergency Closing Policies
There are several ways to check on the status of an HCC emergency or weather-related closing/delayed opening:
- The HCC website homepage (www.howardcc.edu) is updated with an announcement, and will link to this page if there are details.
- Subscribers to the HCC Mobile Alert System will receive a message on their designated device (cell phone, email, pager, desktop RSS), if the "Closings & Delays option was selected. Click here for more information on how to subscribe to this free, optional service for HCC students and employees or visit www.howardcc.edu/alert.
- The HCC switchboard number (443-518-1000) has a recorded message about the status.
- Radio and television stations in the Baltimore-Washington metro are notified and many include the information in their broadcasts and/or their websites. However, for the most timely and accurate updates, please check one of the official college sources listed above.
- When the radio/TV stations announce that Howard County Public Schools are closed, Howard Community College Continuing Education classes held at those schools will be canceled.
Late Opening Policy
If the college has a late opening and there is 30 minutes or more of time left in a scheduled class at the late opening time, that particular class will meet for the remainder of the class time. For example, if your class runs from 11:00-12:50 and the college opens at 12:00, then your class would still be held.
Early Closing Policy
If the college will be closing early and there will be 30 minutes or more of time available for a scheduled class before the college closes, that particular class will meet during the available time. For example, if your class meets from 4:30-5:50 and the college closes at 5:30, your class would still be held.
Laurel College Center Policy
The Laurel College Center follows the closings and delays of Prince George's Community College. In the case of inclement weather, please watch for announcements for Prince George's Community College, or, call: 1-866-228-6110, or 443-518-4162. These phone numbers are continually updated with information about closings and delays.
Mount Airy College Center Policy
The Mount Airy College Center follows the closings and delays of Carroll Community College. In the case of inclement weather, please watch for announcements for Carroll Community College or call 1-855-751-0002. These phone numbers are continually updated with information about closings and delays.