We provide faculty with resources to enhance teaching and learning.
Our face-to-face services include:
- Consultation with faculty regarding the use of technology in teaching.
- Training faculty in the use of technology resources at HCC.
- Collaboration with faculty in the development of technology-based class materials.
- Faculty lab space to explore new and emerging technology (CL232).
Our online resources include:
Technology we support:
- Online/Hybrid Instruction (via Canvas).
- Canvas is HCC's new course website platform.
- Canvas offers many built in tools to help build your courses.
- Our other technology tools work in Canvas.
- Softchalk lesson builder with built in activities, media, and assessments.
- PowerPoint, Camtasia Relay, Jing.
- Video, Audio, and Computer data recordings from classroom lectures, events, and faculty offices.
- Recordings can be hosted for your classes online and in Canvas.
Classroom Polling (Clickers):
- Anonymous (if desired) classroom polling encourages student engagement.
- Provides formative assessment options.
- Enhance interactive teaching.
- Student self assessments and quizzes can be created in both Canvas and Respondus.
- Quizzes can incorporate textbook materials.
- Turnitin.com (in Canvas).
- Allows for originality checking of student work and integrated document markup that is an alternative to track changes in Word.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Adobe Connect allows for virtual meetings with real time audio, video, and desktop sharing with participants inside and outside of HCC.
- Google Docs provides a platform for students to collaborate online in documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.