No matter where you’re going in life, you can get there from Howard Community College!
At HCC, students pursue a variety of educational goals. They may be getting a 2-year college degree, starting a 4-year degree at HCC and transferring elsewhere, entering a new career, sharpening job skills, or pursuing personal interests.
Opened in 1970 as Maryland’s 14th community college, HCC has become an integral part of life for Howard County residents:
- Over 14,000 credit students pursue degree or career programs in a fiscal year.
- Nearly half of all Howard County undergraduates attend HCC.
- 1 of 4 Howard County high school graduating seniors enrolls at HCC.
- Over 15,000 study business training, basic skills, and other Continuing Education courses.
- Tens of thousands visit the art galleries, attend Rep Stage and other performing arts in the Horowitz Center, watch HCC-TV, and marvel at the Howard Community College equestrian Grand Prix.
No wonder surveys show that more Howard County residents named HCC as the first college that comes to mind.
HCC’s dedicated faculty earn top ratings from students and the college’s overall commitment to excellence has garnered numerous recognitions and awards including:
- Great College to Work For (2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009), The Chronicle of Higher Education
- 2014 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) CEO Award, ACCT, President Kate Hetherington
- Top 50 Fastest Growing Public Two-Year College (2011), Community College Week
- National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE), member college selection by Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (2011)
- U.S. Senate Productivity Award (2007), Maryland’s top award for performance excellence
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development, named “one of the top continuing education units in North America” by the Learning Resources Network (LERN)
For more information, see the below links: