Our Book Connection partnership has been even more exciting, successful, and diverse than we originally envisioned back in 2003! As a community, we have read nonfiction accounts and essays, novels, and short stories. We would like to challenge ourselves to diversify the project even further by trying a new genre - reading a dramatic text together in 2014-2015. Won't you recommend a play for our consideration? The deadline for nomnations is Friday, March 29, 2013.
GOALS OF THE HOWARD COUNTY BOOK CONNECTION
- Connect our community through shared learning experiences that promote productive dialogue, critical thinking, and intellectual enrichment.
- Foster greater understanding and appreciation of diverse perspectives and worldviews.
- Engage students in interdisciplinary experiences that express the core values and benefits of general education.
- Enhance our community partnerships.
- The play should be accessible and engaging to an interdisciplinary audience of adult readers.
- The content of the play should suggest possibilities for lively discussion from a variety of disciplinary perspectives.
- Available for purchase in paperbook or ebook.
- One act plays preferred but longer plays may be nominated.
Click here to nominate a play for the 2014-2015 Book Connection selection!
If you need ideas, consult these lists of plays available at the HCC Library and the Howard County Library System: