HCC's ARTS COLLECTIVE IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE...
AUDITIONS - AUGUST 18, 2014: AC COFFEE HOUSE UNDER THE STARS
AC is ISO 5-MINUTE (OR LESS) ACTS: BRING IT!
Musicians Stand-Up Comics
AUDITION DATES & TIMES:
- Monday, August 18
2:00pm - 4:00pm
6:30pm - 8:30pm
in HCC's HVPA Room 115
- No audition appointments. First arrived, first auditioned.
- Date/Time of Coffee House: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 8:00pm (calltime info: see below)
AUDITIONS ARE OPEN TO ALL: Current/ past HCC students and guest artists are welcome!
- All are invited to audition
- Students, Alumni, Staff & Guest Artists, ages 16 and up
- Non-paid, however, 2 comps will be given per performer chosen
- Cast List will be posted on AC's website Aug 22. No phone calls
Open to Singers, Poets, Story-Tellers, Stand-Ups, Musicians, Etc.
Approximately 14 Acts - (Acoustic only- no rock bands please)
Theme: Absolutely open - all genres and styles considered
- Duration: Under 5 minutes - all acts will be times
- Audition Form:
1) Fill it out in advance (preferred); DOWNLOAD OUR PDF AUDITION FORM HERE
2) Forms will also be available during the audition.
- Headshot & Resume encouraged
- Arrive performance ready (including attire - note venue info below)
- Auditionees must perform entire act during the audition
- No more than two 5-minute acts per auditionee, however only one may be chosen
- If cast, material must not be adjusted without AC's approval
- Material must be memorized and performed to live, acoustic music (recorded music is not an option for this event)
- Mayumi B. Griffie will provide piano accompaniment during the audition & the Coffee House
- Bring an additional copy of sheet music for Ms. Griffie
Stand-Ups: Material must be memorized
Everyone Else: Bring it!
No rehearsals, however, performers must arrive by 5:30pm on Friday, September 26 the evening of the Coffee House for a run-through, sound check, etc.
PERFORMANCE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 at 8pm
AC's Coffee House will take place outdoors, on the Horowitz Center's North Patio. Under the stars! (If it rains, we'll move into the lobby!)
QUESTIONS: email@example.com – No phone calls pleaseBack to AC's Homepage